BLOG Details


04/03/19 Who is performing YOUR Reserve Study?

posted by Jen

Do you know the qualifications of the person performing your Association’s Reserve or Transition Study?

Is the person who is visiting the property a licensed professional or are they an unlicensed employee who may or may not have a college degree in architecture or engineering?

Does the licensed professional produce bid repair documents or provide construction monitoring of capital improvements for multi-family properties or is their experience restricted to the preparation of Reserve Studies?  We consider it to be beneficial for a professional who is preparing your Reserve Study to have experience with building design as well as involvement in the building construction process.

When you hire J. Hershey Building Consultants, your Study may likely performed by the President of our company, John Hershey.  With over 30 years of experience, John is a Reserve Specialist, Licensed Architect, CAI Educated Business Partner and a member of the CAI National Business Partner Council.  John is regularly contacted by Property Managers and Property Management companies to solve complex issues that arise at Community Associations.

Click here for our easy-to-use online Reserve/Transition Study Request Form.  Below are examples of a recent Reserve Study and Transition Study completed by our team!

The Association shown below is responsible for maintaining the exterior of (63) ranch-style homes along with a pond, gazebo, lighting and landscaping.

The Association shown below maintains the exterior of (27) units in (9) 2-story buildings along with mailbox kiosks, streets, sidewalks, lighting and landscaping.